29 January 2009

Fridge Poetic Maddness

What do you mean, two minutes to make a work of art, do you think Edgar Allan poe write the Raven in under two minutes? Or Led Zeppelin wrote the lyrics for Stairway to heaven in that time (Actually, they did for those who didn't know). Well, yes, two minutes intervals and a pack of poetic fridge magnets could keep us busy for days, it's a great way to pass time whilst waiting for the food to cook, or Zoey to stop throwing marmite toast around the kitchen. Oooh Actually, she is having her FIRST TAKE-AWAYS this evening. Hah, little monster is oblivious to that right now, sitting at school probably painting one of her teachers bags in vermillion. But yeah, but no but yeah but... she is having TGI Fridays PIRATE FISH FINGER® meal for kids. Trey and I had lunch there today, the recovering vegan she is, had a starter of three different types of meat, inc prawn, chicken and pork rib, and then a main meal of chicken and steak, and some of my salmon..... heh, good food tho, but nice place if you feel like spoiling yourself, we did because it's cold, and we drove to Northampton, which is a bit of a hole, but maybe we drove through the wrong end. Keith (brother-in-law) would have turned pale in the backseat and sworn never to live there, as he did when we once drove through the wrong end of Bristol. Yup, it was dirty, and cramped and ... old. Northampton that was. But we did stop in at a drum shop, to try find a power supply for my yamaha electrics, to no avail really. And we did try find the occultique book shop which mysteriously popped up on the GPS, and then, was not there. So, that is what transpired today. I thought If I might work in northampton, we may as well drive there, took 20 minutes or so, but uhm, yeah, I think we missed the centre, looked like it could be nice... I guess every area has it's dodge bits, like Africa has Zimbabwe, and Congo, and Johannesburg. HAHAHaaaa.

So. Yes, two minutes and a little bit of jostling at the fridge, saw us come up with some interesting poems, well, trey battled at first, only because she was looking for words, which was a bad move, you got to roll with what you find right away, to make shimmering scribblings of poetic beauty. I will let you decide which one was Trey's, the rest were mine.
AH and with Zoey's first birthday coming up, we are booking tickets to see the SPONGEBOB Musical, she will love it, live music, patrick, what more could you need.? She must wear a party hat though, one that matches mine, and have her rattles. It's going to be Grand. I am going to stand and shout out to patrick that i love him, maybe there's a job for me, cos I am sure I have the eyes... and hair to be a better patrick than who-ever else is playing him... Man, I love patrick. He is by far, the most complex and fully rounded character in modern day story telling. Also, he is not afraid to show his bum off in public, I admire that in a person, George Bush was the same, except he didn't have a choice, cos his face was his bum. Must be tough going through life as an Asshole. I bet Ray Mcauley has written a book on the subject. Ah, I am going off the topic. Yes, TGI Fridays, thats good eatin y'all.
Thanks for reading again, if anyone ever does... see you on the dark side of the moon (still looking for my pink pink floyd shirt I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment