
AH… After assembling my bike, I have been on 2 rides, and I am quite proud of myself because A: I didn’t fall off, and B: I doubled the distance on the second time… by the third I may even make it past the drive-way. HA! No, 12km on my second ride is not bad I think, round trip of course, with one walk up a hill in the middle. But, as I keep saying to myself, and anyone on a bike passing by (minus the swear words), ‘I am doing this for fun’ the fitness part will kick in later, when I can make it a round trip of 20km or more. I set my riding computer to miles, and then reset it to km, cos it always looks so fickle in miles… bloody 20km is only a few miles. More is more I say. Yeah… So, what I love about riding here is, that you can, you don’t have the fear of Thabo Mbeki cruising up in a taxi and squashing you dead into the ground. Or getting lost in the wrong area of town and making the sports page on the edenvale news for gang rape. No, here you just ride, and every now and then, look up into a huge cathedral, or, another smiling motorist waving you to go first, or in my case, the face of the old man and his dog and three children as they pass you, walking, on a downhill. Yeah, ‘I am doing this for fun’ I murmer… but it is a feeling of fresh air, being able to do that. The people here don’t realise what we actually lived In in
But really, most people here say
Those pictures are from my ride, the town of
No comments:
Post a Comment