Christmas we spent in
and family. Wonderful people who really made us feel like we fitted right in, I have reserved my seat for next year already and vow to get to the food before James and Gerry (that guy eats like a horse!). So, that’s where that picture was from, and Zee was treated to Sarah the fairy, her first real British story, about a fairy and some kind of LSD induced trip to the forest, and I don’t know, I fell asleep.
And then we returned, it was cold, we unpacked our house, which fortunately was not hi-jacked by somalian pirates, Jesus I was worried, but we un-packed and came to the horrifying conclusion that, despite our BEST efforts, we will NEVER be minimalists! We have so much stuff, even after all the junk we threw out in the move here. Oh well, we are tightening up, and for every four pairs of underpants I throw away, I get to buy a new one, fair deal.
Groovy, the sky was blue for the last two days, it was a balmy 9 degrees if you stood dead still in a ray of sunshine, of course if you didn’t, it remained 5 degrees or so through-out the day. I would trade that any day for being able to see the kids walking home from school and playing in parks, little kids mind you, not the 18 or 19 year old ones we see back home, playing in the park with burning tyres and semi-automatic weapons. Hoo boy, I must be careful as not to paint a too-bad-a-picture of back home, but, if you just have to compare the Milton Keynes Citizen newspaper to the Edenvale/Bedfordview news, man, it’s like comparing H.P Lovecraftsauce with Walt Disney. But still, the people here don’t realise that and it just sounds like I am bitching.
On that note, I am off to shower and shave my back. Good evening all.
No comments:
Post a Comment