Lucky it is warm out this evening, I say warm, I mean 8 degrees, which is not bad considering it is 9pm. We just got home from the Magniferousillent Spongebob Squarepants Live theater show at MK central. I cannot believe how good Z was, she sat on my lap, three rows from the front, transfixed the whole 2 hours, except for an ice cream break halway through. Aye Aye Cap'n, from the moment it started, and the pirate walked out onto the stage, and we all sang along to the Spongebob Squarepants song, to the moment where Patrick and Spongebob flew off with the hypnotic jellyfish, she didnt budge, well a little, but that was only to clap when the giant ghost boat came rolling in, 10 foot skeletons and all. I think her pro-longed exposure to the nightmare before christmas has given her that darker edge, and then of course, she is Treys and my baby, it would figure, having a mom who loves B-Grades and a dad who loves loud music and comics... She even clapped, and was the only one, when Plankton tried to get Spongebob to take him to steal the Krabby Patty formula. I think we have hatched a little evil genius.It was a very enjoyable evening, with singing, dancing and ice cream. I was dissapointed by Patrick's character though, he lacked the depth and personal anguish which he holds in the cartoon, I thought he could have given a more well rounded performance and been a little more, emotional towards spongebobs dream. Anyway, thats just me. It was totally worth every penny, just to watch Zoey react to the brilliant stage sets and loud music, she was literally enthralled, and I must add, what a nice Theater too. Now we have come home, and put the little monster to bed, may she dream of the flying dutchman (only Trey and i found that funny) ghost ship and the luminous dancing jellyfish... her only gripe being that her three boys werent there to share the fun with her!
The end bit left tears in my eyes! We cannot wait to see her again and you and Trey of course.
ReplyDeleteSandi